Our brand new Scholarship Program supports young women at risk of dropping out of college because of financial constraints.
This highly competitive scholarship provides full tuition each quarter (about $2,000 pesos or $125 dollars) and a $1,000 peso stipend (about $60 dollars) each month. This scholarship makes a crucial difference in women's ability to stay in school, be well nourished, and focus on their school work.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must:
- Have at least a 3.25 GPA equivalent
- Show a demonstrated history of community engagement
- Neither parent may have completed beyond a middle school education
While receiving the scholarship, students must
- Maintain at least a 3.25 GPA
- Participate in WILL's leadership development programs in Oaxaca
- Volunteer or complete one service activity each month that supports her personal and professional development
- Submit a grade report and complete a check-in each month
- Promise to complete a university degree
This scholarship program makes a direct and crucial difference in women's lives, creating more opportunities, fostering the learning and university experience, and offering a critical support system necessary for success. Women around the world experience better life outcomes because of higher education.
Support this program by making your tax deductible donation to WILL today!
“Fostering prosperity, democracy, and social justice on both sides of the border requires commitment from everyone...build bridges, not walls!”
— Tracey Franklin, Director of Southwest Center for International Studies